It's been a long couple of weeks, dear readers. TH is doing well with his face, he can smile and everything, but his "job" has proven to be somewhat rocky (not in the sense of having one, but in the clarity of what having one means) as has mine. Anyone who lives in the greater Boise area may have heard my illustrious employer is moving their divisional headquarters (um, where I work) to Denver.
No, I'm not moving to Denver. I like Denver, lots, but I came home to be home. No, I don't know that this means I have to move to Denver. Or would need to in order to keep my job.
But, I will say, any stupid guy from Australia who happens to be a CEO with a location in Boise who doesn't LIKE Boise, thus feeling the need to change things doesn't have his head on straight.
That's all I'm saying, other than I really don't think things are as drastic as the local media painted them and I knew coming in that the worst could happen, but I wanted to come home. I do not want to be Dooced. So if you want to ask where I work, ask via e-mail.
So, because I needed some stability today, I found this video. Paul Revere and the Raiders have been an essential part of my life. My parents went to see them at the Armory in Twin Falls when they were dating. I was lucky enough to dance at Mr. Revere's club he had in Reno when EHFH and I were married and see him play, but got to meet him later when he played in the casino town in which my Mother was the Postmaster.
I relate the following simply because I'm sure he wanted to kill me. I paraphrase, but only a little.
Paul Revere (PR): Hey, how are you?
Me: Fine, it's very nice to meet you.
PR: Are you from around here? (or it may have been, how does a whippersnapper like you know who I am?)
Me: Yes. I grew up in Twin Falls. My parents used to go dance to your music when they were dating!
PR: Wow. Thanks.
(Me: Didn't get I just made him feel 100 years old. I got it later, um a few hours later, and I wanted to kick myself, because he really is a nice guy).
I now present to you two of the hottest guys who made it out of the state of Idaho - Mark Lindsay and Paul Revere. And these other guys that I think are from Idaho but I can't be firmly sure on that.
And yes, this all reminds me of "That Thing You Do". I think Mark is the guy who they say "sorry girls, he's engaged!" He just has that look about him, doesn't he?
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yeah, I love how far they made it out of Idaho... to Portland. Kicks is considered the first anti drug abuse song. Okay, the DJ in me signing out.
It is great to hear Bit's Dad is doing much much better, but, drats and darns about your job. I like Boise much better than Denver. Denver is so brown. (at least that's what I remember.)
Post a Comment