Yes, you used to call me lostinutah, but these days I seem to be lostinidaho. Not in the same sense, but I know I've been remiss in trying to write anything whatsoever or comment on others blogs. Though I see some other people are having the same problem. :)
What has been going on? I don't know that it's anything specific...a tad bit of laziness, no doubt, but also just life being life and me ending up watching David Letterman, seeing the Top 10 list and realizing I'm going to be just as tired in the morning as I was the morning of the current day.
The job has been...the job. I've had a couple of nasty surprises in the last week that don't threaten my employment but do seem to confirm that it will lack the thing I like about my field - creativity. Not that I've been allowed to have much anyway, but what I did have is slowly being eliminated by our Corporate structure. (Not at me, mind you, just generally.) I have applied internally for a job that I think I would love, that is a stretch opportunity but one I had some exposure to in Utah. The person I would work for I think I would truly love to be around - she and I have bonded over our children are both going to that fine institution next year I've mentioned previously. We'll see - the recruiter for the job (same guy that was my recruiter for this job) seems to think I'll get an interview at least but the wheels of justice turn slowly.
Memorial Day weekend was a blur. We went to friend Renee's party (lots of fun) but first...we acquired a new family member.
This is Mario, our new evil pet. (Those of you who parent or grandparent Ninentdo addicts will get the name.) He is a 2 year old Beagle, who was a stray at the shelter and we nabbed him. We were going to wait until we got back from our trip to Washington D.C. to celebrate Big Bit's graduation but Beagles don't come through the shelter very often so we nabbed him. Friend Ra will watch him while we're in Reno and a little bit of the D.C. time when Mom is on a Harley ride to Elko.
We also went (late) to my uncles(s) and aunt(s) anniversary party. A supposedly brief lunch at Flatbread Pizza went sadly awry. In addition, I hate really paper-thin crust pizza. Shan't be back. Sorry to the family for showing up for the last 1/2 hour but I did enjoy seeing everyone. Then, we got to go see the new house my dad is having built. It's small, but cute, and when he retires and can't live in his company-provided housing anymore he will have a nice place to live. Sorry, no pics, but once it's done I'll nail some down.
Now - getting ready for graduation (I AM OLD) and our trip to DC. Big Bit has been another distraction (though always welcome) - he was having extreme bouts of senioritis and resenting authority (granted, the authority he was resenting I couldn't live with, so totally understood). To his credit, he got through it all and is great, but I appreciated the fact he wanted to talk to me about it all. I don't take that for granted by any means. Sometimes you see parents and their children grow apart and you wonder - how does that happen? I'm not sure. I don't want to experience it with my kids, so I plan on working hard at appreciating their worlds, even when I don't agree with them.
Back on a Sunday, Big Bit's college orientation on a Monday and then - off to D.C.! We were fortunate enough to score White House tour tickets through Senator Crapo - now if I just see an Obama I'll have a big grin on my face. I know. As if. And I know he's not perfect, okay? Thank you. Looking forward to seeing all the wonderful, inspiring sights that I've seen briefly on work visits to the D.C. area and much more that I've never been exposed to.
I also hope to meet up with Holly and Kris, a couple of ladies met through the blogosphere - we'll see how things shake out but it might be a lot of fun.
So, while I've been totally offline, I haven't been inactive. Hope all is well with everyone's world as well.

7 comments:
Have so much fun in DC and then come back renewed. Love the beagle, I hope he's much much better than my bassett.
Come back and get found we need you.
Watch that Kris. I hear she's a trouble maker.
And Mario said he's like a steak sandwich while you're gone.
Cele - Mr. Beagle is showing more of his personality but he's still pretty good. If he just didn't think he was ten feet tall and bulletproof he'd be all good.
I'm trying to find my way back - I hope this 10 days off does the trick. Sad to need a break from a job that results in total boredom.
t2ed - Craziest thing is Kris will be in Boise part of the time I'm in DC if plans haven't changed. How ironic is that? But I do hope to meet her. You too one day for that matter!
i love me some kris.
and i haven't found you to be remiss at all.
xoxoxoxo
Shana - many hugs to you! Wish I could meet you and Kris at the same time - maybe someday I'll be in Oklahoma! :)
Glad to see you, even briefly, at the party. Congrats on your new evil pet! Good luck at seeing an Obama!
You have to write to State in advance, so I may have read this too late to post in helpful way, but try to get tickets from the State Department to see the Diplomatic Reception Rooms at Main State. They're out of this world cool.
Bon voyage!
Post a Comment