Right after 9/11, TH and I were fortunate enough to go to Sun Valley, thanks to Jenny the old boss and her free tix to see James Taylor. The world at that time seemed quite upset and wrong, as everyone knows. He made us feel so, so much calmer and optimistic. This video is earlier, but quite representative of the reaction he got in Idaho. His daughter, Sally, played with him. I remember him saying, "It's so important we keep on going, though right now it's so hard." Those words have resonated with me, over and over, to this day.
James, I need you to come play a concert in my backyard. Just sayin'. Please?
One of the best times in my life, that concert was, even in the face of such tragedy in our country. Always remember.
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I would have loved getting the opportunity to see him and Carole King's tour. I heard it was amazing.
Welcome back to the internet, cous! :) Nice post!
-Cousin Steve
Cele - even better, my boss' tickets, while good, got traded with fourth row tickets b/c the guy supposed to sit there had broken his leg and we had an aisle in front of ours. So our $75 tix were like $175 tix (Sun Valley, fundraiser for environmentalists, blah blah blah.) My boss about died when she heard that. I love her.
Steve - trying to get my stuff together to post again! I don't know what is up but I seem to be focused on other things. Hope you are well.
Hey girl friend you are sadly missed in blogdom, please come back
Jen votes with Cele. Come back, come back, wherever you are!
Post a Comment