I toyed with this topic - I love Wide Open Spaces by the Dixie Chicks. When it came out it so reminded me of me as a young willful kid - "I know how to do it better than you." Of course, that is so not true, yet in a way it is.
Today I got tickets to see that jazz great (and Boise/Capitol High native) Curtis Stigers. I'm going with friend Shawn since The Husband will be out of town - getting to join him for a couple of days in Reno later in the week, yay!
I posted a while back the boys and I got to sit by Curtis at Gernika and I ogled him (subtly) because he is a) gorgeous and b) talented.
Just so you have a frame of reference, really the first time I really saw much of Curtis, he looked like this:
The last time I saw Curtis, (I've seen him sing a couple of times in the interim) he looked like this:
It's interesting how this mirrors "Wide Open Spaces" - you start out this kid who knows it all, and you end up 25 years later this wiser, happier person who STILL, STILL, sings the same tune. In a way. And you can still look really good - even with gray hair.
Really looking forward to seeing him Monday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I can't remember if I've seen Curtis Steiger or not, and since I can't remember I'm going with hasn't. In Oregon the good boy is Curtis Salgado, seen him, several times, met him, not over joyed with his personal. So this weekend my sister, her hubby and a friend wanted me to go to the casino to see him. Is it rude that I opted out? I don't think so. Actually I think my sister's hubby is jealous. Go Ducks!
My "guy who is too old to still be touring but I go see him anyway" is Gordon Lightfoot. Recall that I wasn't born when he got his first hit single. Anyway, seen him live four times. Go, Gordo, go!
Post a Comment