
Okay, I lied. One last Packer post.
I met Fuzzy Thurston, one of the sweetest men ever made on 12/29 in Green Bay, WI. Fuzzy was on the Super Bowl I and II teams, and is a native of Wisconsin (which not many Packers are as I understand it). He has a bar/restaurant in Green Bay which he frequents game weekends to meet fans, sell memorabilia etc. This was one of the best weekends of my life in many ways - Green Bay people kick ass and they are, literally, my people. The local Lutheran church in Green Bay was selling beer at the game. I had to buy one simply to celebrate the fact I was in a land of Lutherans, Cheeseheads and beer drinkers. After Utah...a deep deep sigh of love and relief escaped me.
Fuzzy is a lovely man, who I have read about for years, and the only thing that would have totally kicked my butt is if Jerry Kramer (the other guard in SB I & II who went to the University of Idaho) would have been on the other side of me. Check it out.
Fuzzy is a lovely man, who I have read about for years, and the only thing that would have totally kicked my butt is if Jerry Kramer (the other guard in SB I & II who went to the University of Idaho) would have been on the other side of me. Check it out.

No comments:
Post a Comment