Sunday, January 27, 2008

Weekend...

So we left for the weekend and went to a normal place for a weekend. Boy I miss being home, which is a normal place. Utah is just an amazing, weird, strange (insert your amazed, strange descriptive word here) and the more I leave, the more I like leaving.

We caught up with a friend but other than that, it ended up we had little time for anything else. We were running errands for things (such as really cheap and good syrups for lattes & mochas) that we can't find in Utah took lots of time, and we looked at houses a lot because we keep thinking we will move once we can. The outside that is, because we don't really have the freedom to view the inside of a house, fall in love and put earnest money down. Yet. And we don't know where we want to live, really, though HOME is probably ideal. We'll see what happens. I want to have a house I can live in, work at Starbucks to support and still have a retirement. Probably dreaming, but?

I have 72 days until I can freely quit my job. And while we may, for purely selfish and financial reasons, stay longer than that...it will be by a choice made under duress.

I can't wait until I don't have to read in the paper every day if Mitt Romney had the sniffles. Argh.

And I am not watching the damn Super Bowl. Yuck on both sides.

No comments: