Friday, June 27, 2008

What a Week(end!) and Beautiful Boise

I had such a exhausting weekend and then a hectic week, I am ready for another weekend with much less activity!

It was, indeed, Weekend at Willie's, and we had fun, though things got a bit awry along the way. We got to Boise about 11 pm and immediately headed to TableRock...but, things changing as they do, they now close on Friday at 11 pm. WHAT? Something is really wrong here.

So, we went downtown for a while and it was VERY interesting. About 14 years ago, downtown Boise was my milieu. I knew the Piper Pub, Hannah's, TableRock, Alive after 5 etc. etc. like the back of my hand (yes, folks, this is when Big Bit was at his dad's. My weeks with him I was very well behaved). People looked SO young, and they didn't look as though they were having as much fun as we used to. Or maybe they were, but they have it differently now. Not sure.


Next morning, we headed for Starbucks and then the Boise Depot to take some pics. I LOVE LOVE LOVE BOISE. Can I say this enough?






Here's the Depot itself. I've been in the tower once, after dark, when I worked at the Bank and it was an amazing view.


The roses were amazing. You could smell them just from walking by, you didn't have to sniff them directly.

After a fun lunch with our friends Ra and Renee, we went to our friend's wine shop to collect our wine club wine (can't ship to Utah, of course!!!), then to Troy and Dana's for a glass of wine and to see them landscaping their palatial home (and I'm not kidding). If I had a house like that, I'd sure be paying someone to do the landscaping. Which is why I will never have a house like that. I don't want to work hard enough to own one.

Then it was on to the Festival. The play - "All's Well That End's Well". Loved the Green Show (comedy right before the show) - as usual, Joe Golden and Tom Willmorth were hilarious. Sadly, Tom didn't spill my wine this year so that I got to chat with him at intermission while he apologized profusely and I just stared at him. Here's Joe bein' Joe - Big Bit's talking about going to College of Idaho and if he does, I want him to take a drama class just so I can meet Joe, who's the Chair of that department...

They had to start late because the wind really blew up...then it was fiddling with what microphones they have so the back could hear...then they went ahead with the first half and that seemed okay to us. However, after intermission, they started up briefly and then Charlie came up and called it off - BIG thunderstorm on the way, bad news in an outdoor venue.

So we ended up dancing at Hannah's which we haven't done in years. It was fun...but I can't quite party like I could when I was 27. Gee, ya think? Interestingly, the promised storm never arrived. I think maybe Charlie just wanted a night off. He owes me half a play.

I've been super homesick all week. I can't stand not going home, but when I do it just makes me miss it more. I guess I can't win.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you say Homesick, are you referring to Idaho or somewhere else?

-Steve

foundinidaho said...

Idaho, for sure. Boise is just home. It seems it always will be. Where my house is - another matter altogether.

Anonymous said...

Ah. I understand. :)

-Steve