Monday, October 27, 2008

BatKid! And More.




BatKid was out in full force this weekend in anticipation of his Boo at the Zoo haul. We didn't get to spend as much time there as we hoped, but we scored a year membership, so we'll be back to see more of the animals.

Many years ago, we began going to Boo at the Zoo, taking Big Bit in his Simba costume (Lion King) etc., and there were people there, but nothing like now. They were limiting tickets to 13,000. I don't think they quite sold out, but it was truly insane. Even worse than the last time we went, which was I think three years ago. At any rate, it was worth it, because BatKid was in his element and we were at a nice zoo, which is adding giraffes and lions! I remember when the most exciting thing there was a porcupine.

BatKid in various poses:


First, battling EvilCat in the privacy of his home (EvilCat as opposed to Catwoman):



Next:

I'm wondering why I can't see my enemy? Where did they go? Oh, my mask is in my eyes:



What else? I took some pictures of the leaves turning from the sixth floor of my employer. Kind of pretty. (Note, I am on the first floor. I am okay with that, I hate heights).





Pretty huh?

Next up - I have a birthday, Big Bit is here for Halloween (he got to go to the Obama rally in Reno Saturday, whether you agree with the man or not, seeing him in person is a historic moment) and then as to the weekend, TH comes home for 10 days Wednesday night and we have a big yummy dinner at Epi's Basque Restaurant in Meridian Saturday night. Celebrating Mom's birthday, mine and just being home.

Miss Cocoa the dog is out of the hospital and doing well so far....Dad has to go to Utah for an appointment Thursday and to see what's next...

Oh, and TH might be working at Bogus Basin ski resort for the winter. He has a 2nd interview Saturday. Getting hired could pay the rent and get him a free ski pass - and then we are all good until April. Fingers crossed, please!

2 comments:

t2ed said...

Even though I am completely against dressing up pets, Evil Kitty really should be Catwoman for Halloween.

foundinidaho said...

Just because it would serve him right, I may do just that. I have a Build-A-Bear Batman costume that would serve him right. Evil beast.