Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I Hate Crowds

Okay, so I'm from Idaho. I'm my father's daughter. I hate crowds. I don't mind being in a big city, I can handle being in line at Disneyland, but I hate the crush of people, not being able to walk freely.

Keep in mind those facts as you view the video below. It's a long video, but if you get through about 3 minutes you will see the hideous crush of people on the Thames on New Year's Eve as the fireworks happen. I love fireworks, this will be my 14th wedding anniversary and we'll be in London, the Husband, the Bits and I, so I'm not complaining, per se. I'm not. But I may need to ward off a panic attack.

3 comments:

t2ed said...

I just feel sorry for those poor people stuck at the top of the Millenium Wheel.

You may want to think about watching from a hotel room.

Cele said...

Oh mi gosh I didn't think about being stuck in the Eye of London. Yowsa. I think I'd prefer watching from the top of St. Paul's Cathedral. What a spectacular view.

I spent New Years 1977 in Germany, wow, amazing fireworks.

Have fun.

foundinidaho said...

t2ed - We're riding on the Eye about 1:30 that afternoon. I have claustrophobia so I wouldn't want to think about being stuck during the fireworks. Ugh.

Cele - yes, that would be beautiful. I'm hoping we can find a place at some distance that, while crowded, allows a quick and easy route back to our hotel. New Year's in Germany would be fun - good beer!