
The promised pictures from Winter Garden Aglow! I have got to figure out this camera - hell, we've only had it like three years and I have no idea how to take pictures with a manual setting. Only three weeks to London, better get the book out!

The pictures I can take don't do it justice. The lights were pretty and despite the cop out of the Botanical Society to some sort of pressure - NO MULLED WINE! - it was a lovely night and we will be excited to back in the summer and see the new Lewis and Clark area - full of indigineous plants the explorers found when they came to Idaho. We could see enough to be impressed.

Oh, and now to the reason I say...Wow. Just Wow. Today has been a day it has, in the clan of the foundindaho. We bought a house today. They took the offer, which was something of a surprise. We've had our eye on this house since before we moved and it's dropped mucho in price. We offered even less and they took it.
Oh, and TH got his job offer today! He starts January 5, and gets to work from home after training near Seattle for a few weeks. I am feeling blessed, and grateful, and now must go off and have a wonderful glass of Kenwood Jack London Syrah and say "Thanks Be to God". And thanks to all of you, and you know who you are, for putting up with the last three years with me and mine. They haven't been easy, always, but they suddenly have become very much worth it.
After all, fifth generation Idahoans (like the one shown below) must grow up at home. My great-great grandmother didn't cross the Snake in a covered wagon in danger so I could live in Utah, for heaven's sake.

Happy holidays, everyone.

3 comments:
Pretty!
Congrats to Husband for getting the job!
I love the color of the blue, green, and purple LED lights. So much better all they way around than regular bulbs.
We went to Shoreacre last year for the Holiday Lights, incredible. It was the first time we'd been in probably ten years. So worth it.
Yvette - yay indeed! Miss you guys.
Cele - the state Christmas tree this year is covered with those very lights. They are pretty. I may invest in some for next year's tree. This year, we don't have room for one!
Post a Comment