We are still working on the boys' bathroom (the project that will never end). I think it's getting done Sunday or TH will be banned from watching NASCAR. That ought to motivate him.
I've managed to sprain my ankle (getting up from lunch, it sucks to get old) and then resprain it walking to my car at work (did I mention it sucks to get old?) but I won't let it deter me from being out, walking, riding a bike etc. Which is probably why I sprained it again. I did buy a brace last night in a nod to getting old and needing to heal.
Our activities so far this summer? Little Bit got to go to an air show in...shudder...Utah. I didn't take him though (Pattie did)so he didn't experience the hives and hyperventilation that would have accompanied his mother's re-entry to the state. And he got to see Grandpa, Pattie and Jazzie in addition to other extended family types. He's enjoying his first real summer break ever.
Of course, TH, Big Bit and I got to see Rick Springfield as well as catch up with a couple of my old Reno friends, Alynn & Stephanie. That was fun. Unfortunately Rick didn't get as close as last time I saw him, so I don't have as good a picture. But Big Bit got to see a bunch of screaming 40 year olds pretend they were age 17 again. Which is never boring. I think he laughed a lot.
We got to see Emerald Bay at Lake Tahoe, which we hadn't in years.

Big Bit looks so grown up. I hate it.

We've been to the first two Alive After Fives. I absolutely love this event, which is free each Wednesday (at 5, duh) in downtown Boise and gives you the opportunity to listen to interesting music, watch VERY interesting people (the guy in the dress who dances the whole evening, for instance) and for Little Bit to get very, very wet. He almost got to be on the Channel 2 news as well except for the idiots showed the guy in the dress instead of cute kids.

The garden is planted (yay!) and the Irises have bloomed, and faded, but I did get some pictures.

And, we've been enjoying this new visitor to our house, however, the bush he prefers is losing its blossoms so we're going to have to put a feeder out. He's just too much fun to watch - I don't want to lose him.


5 comments:
The Iris are gorgous, I sadly can't grow iris it seems. Won't your Honeysuckle bloom all season? And when are you coming to the Oregon Coast? I thought you said June, but hmmm I don't remember.
Hey Cele - I'm surprised you can't grow iris. I thought they were like weeds.
We're going to be there starting June 29, leaving July 3. I'll send you a message and see if there's an evening we can gather for a drink.
FUN! I love Lake Tahoe!!! We spent a lot of time there with our parents while I was a kid and I cannot wait to take Mike and show him my favorite beach: https://www.laketahoeshakespeare.com/
Pants - I've never been to the Shakespeare Festival at Tahoe but I want to someday (I love the one here in Boise). You and Mike have fun - don't lose too much in the casinos! Ha.
: )
Post a Comment