Well, the good news is I probably won't be asked to move. That makes me very happy.
The bad news? We got the news that certain programs I am associated with are going out to bid. Without really any forewarning or consulting with any of us. The person who should have called to discuss this didn't- who is a much higher authority than any I work with, in Boise period - had their consultant do that. I will not say what I would like to call these people but it isn't pleasant.
The meaning of all this? Well, let's just say ultimately I'm not thinking it's job security for me and those I work with. In the short-term I think things are fine. Not sure long-term and I like to have people treat me and mine with the respect all humans deserve. Even Brett Favre.
I'm not sorry we left Utah. I'm really not. And while it's been a hard adjustment work-wise, I am starting to appreciate the people I work with for what they bring to the table. I just would like to have a job - even a "job" that would have your ordinary amount of politics, stress and heartache instead of doubt, fear and some loathing. I used to have it, so I know it's possible.
Sigh. Guess it's back to the salt mines.
And I have to come up with a Talk Thursday topic. I warn you, it may be a depressing one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Oh, sad. :( Obviously I hope that things work out well for you.
And I agree that moving out of Utah was not a bad choice for you!
Ohhh, bummer. What I do hope for you in the worst case senario, is the opportunity to find a job your absolutely adore... Of course that's in the worst case senario.
Oh mi, lovemy word verification:
Exakers (I'm going to think of a definition.)
Steay Strong, Cous. You will get through this. :)
-Cousin Steve
Yvette - well, hopefully the job lasts for a couple of years so we can have some more money in the bank, makes it easier, yes?
Cele - agreed. I just want to be in a position financially that I can go figure out what I want to be when I grow up.
Steve, you are an inspiration! I shouldn't whine so much. But you know, mouths to feed and all that.
job security - ugh! i totally understand.
so sorry.
GB - Fun times! But at least I love where I live. If this had happened a couple of years ago, I would have been in the total pits of despair. Or somebody's pits.
Post a Comment