Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Just a Thought

I had a post about forgiveness and how I would be working on that. I am not posting this update to mention He Who Must Not Be Named, but rather to note the following: I can't believe a parent would be so short-sighted, stupid and uncaring of said child so as to refuse to fill out the FAFSA.

Rather than do my usual mother-bear imitation and engage in a fight with said HWMNBN, thinking that somehow I could change behaviors and "win", thus perpetuating the whole hatred thing mentioned before, I realized this was the desired reaction, didn't engage, called various schools and found out that I could indeed complete it, so I did that...problem solved, I hope.

And instead of anger, I felt pity that someone could be that selfish and short-sighted. That's progress.

Hopefully that's the last of those little encounters.

6 comments:

t2ed said...

By He Who Must Not Be Named, you mean Brett Judas right?

foundinidaho said...

t2ed - Well, if I'd been married to Brett Judas, I wouldn't be worrying about who's paying for college, I guarantee you that!

Anonymous said...

Hopefully. I'll keep my fingers crossed. ;)

-Cousin Steve

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable! Does he not want Tim to go to college? Had a great time with Rory Mon night. Thanks njp

Cele said...

For years I tried to calm the waters stirred mightly by my ex. I figure a little garlic, some holy water and a wooden stake as a remedy too.

By you taking control and manning up instead of him, you took Big Bit out of the arnesol of weapons he can use on you. Good girl.

foundinidaho said...

Steve - so long as he doesn't realize I've foiled him again. I also got it arranged such that Tim is considered in-state for BSU - and it's cheaper than UNR. Levels the playing field a bit.

NJP - Does anything he does surprise me anymore? No, not really. Sadly. Thanks for taking care of the Big R Monday night - we needed that break in Vegas.

Cele - yep, at first I felt like it was avoidance, now I feel like it was really taking control by not letting him get me in that place all over again. It's only taken 16 years to get there. haha.