Friday, February 22, 2008

Bit of an Issue

NOTE: The following is not to brag (unlike some people's Christmas letters). The following is to explain why I will never be able to quit my job because in order to live in Utah, I must leave often and that costs money. Period. (Yes, Mom, I am still saving for retirement and the college fund).

I'm a big Clark W. Griswold type planner (if you see or have seen the first National Lampoon's Vacation, you'll know what I mean) of vacations, activities, etc. Maps are opened, timetables are drawn, point A to point B is painstakingly planned. I think my family is good and sick of it, but I've got that gene in me from someone (interestingly, neither of my parents is like this. Perhaps it's from an aunt who lives in Idaho who shall remain nameless? Or an uncle who lives in Southern Idaho. Not sure, but they seem like real planners too.)

At any rate, I already have the following planned for the next few months:


March - trip to Sonoma County, CA for a long weekend at Easter. Planned family activities include wine drinking (oops, that's the adult activity), the San Francisco Zoo, Jack London State Park, more wine drinking (I AM KIDDING, but definitely some wine buying) and the Sonoma Cheese Factory. Yum.



Early April - Trip to Wendover, NV (wooo!) to see Rick Springfield and hang out with my mom (she will watch Little Bit, while we're at the concert). I know, I know...humor me here, if you know who he is (for my younger cousins). If you don't, you should. I have two funny stories about Big Bit I need to post sometime, and one of them involves sort of meeting Rick Springfield years ago in Las Vegas.



Late April - Trip to Reno, Nevada to see Gin Blossoms in concert (lostinutah's favorite band of ALL time, got me through a divorce, child custody battles, moving with a 2 year old 400 miles, you name it) and hang out with Big Bit and Little Bit in a nice hotel with an indoor pool.

That's not to mention the fact we really want to go to Seattle this summer to see family and friends there, etc. and the normal family visiting that will be done.

As I said, this is not necessarily a good thing, though it will be fun...why? Because if I ever want to quit the stinkin' job, I've got to quit spending money! Argh!

2 comments:

SKKD Lambing said...

Love It. Hum I wonder who the Aunt & Uncle in Idaho could be. Perhaps I might be related to one of them a perhaps call him "Father". Love to see you all sometime in Seattle. Plan on coming up to N&J's for big family dinner! Thanks for posting on my blog.

Lots of Love,
Kristi

Sister Mary Lisa said...

I love travel. So fun. I prefer the kind that's a bit less structured and you go with the flow and do what you want as the whim strikes.