Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Meme

I stole this meme, as they are called, from Sideon's blog. I understand you can tag people to do this as well, but I don't know if anyone else I know will. So if you want to, knock your socks off and let me know. Remember, this is MY memory of things, so if it's not strictly accurate (those of you that really know me), don't think I'm trying to mislead!

Here goes:

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Well, I was supposed to be a boy, according to legend, so when I (surprise!) wasn't, my dad had to come up with some names. According to my Mom, they were two sort of ex-girlfriends. Or something like that. According to my dad, they were just friends, neighbors or casual acquaintences. Whatever. My middle name, Renee, is also after "Don't Walk Away Renee" by the Left Bank (trivia - John Candy was their manager back in the late 60's). Although my Dad denies that now too. At any rate he used to sing it to me.


2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? When I realized I was old enough to be the mother of a 16 year old. February 5, 2008. Just kidding. When the Packers lost to the Giants. Bawled like a baby.


3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Gads no.


4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Peppered Turkey.

5. HAVE YOU ANY CHILDREN? Two blue eyed menaces.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? You bet I would. I'm very loyal to my friends.

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Unfortunately. Especially since I moved to Utah. It's ripe for the use of sarcasm.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Darn rights! Nobody's cutting anything off this body!

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Um, I'm afraid of heights. Next!

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Cheerios. With a little sugar on them.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Pretty much, since I yell at the kids when they don't.


12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? If I'm not, I'm not telling.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. Yum.


14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Hm. Eyes.

15. RED OR PINK? I like red, myself. My red 1998 Camaro was one of my favorite cars.

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? My temper to a certain extent. Perhaps it's the fact I want things to be "fair" and they aren't. An old boss of mine used to say "Okay, Don Quixote, come off your horse now".

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE YOU KNOW TO DO THIS MEME? It might be interesting!

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? I'll never tell.

20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? A taco and a glass of wine. Fine dining at its best.

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? My IPod. Counting Crows, to be exact - "The Rain King".

22. IF YOU WHERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Blue

23. FAVORITE SMELLS? My 9 year old after a bath.

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU SPOKE TO ON THE PHONE? My firstborn son, Big Bit.

25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO MADE YOU DO THIS STUPID MEME? Sure, I like myself, though I stole this from Sideon's blog.

26. WHICH SPORT DO YOU ENJOY WATCHING MOST? Pro Football, especially if the Packers are playing (and winning). NASCAR is a close 2nd. Yep, I seem to be something of a redneck, although a Jane Austen reading, art loving, fairly liberal Democrat redneck. Guess what, I'm a paradox.

27. HAIR COLOR? Auburn (not natural!) - currently in need of a pick me up.

28. EYE COLOR? Blue

29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACT LENSES? Most of the time.

30. FAVORITE FOOD? Italian, Chinese, Sushi, Steak, Seafood, Yum Yum Yum.

31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? I pretty much won't watch any movie that doesn't have a happy ending anymore. Life's hard enough as it is.

32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? At a theatre? National Treasure (the new one). On TV? She's The One.

33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Um, I am wearing one but it's hard to describe.

34. SUMMER OR WINTER? Currently I have about 2 feet of snow in my front yard. I currently hate winter. And yes, I do ski.

35. HUGS OR KISSES? Both!

36. FAVORITE DESSERT? Cheesecake.

39. WHAT BOOK(S) ARE YOU READING NOW? Just finished three - Pattie Boyd's memoir (once married to George Harrison and Eric Clapton, respectively), a book about John Kennedy Jr. and his sister Caroline's relationship (fascinating) and Charles Schulz' biography. You may have noticed from this list I like biographies and I read fast, so it's hard to find new reading material. I tend to re-read books often.

40. WHAT’S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? At work - the Green Bay Packers. Yes, I know, it's a real problem. AT home, don't need one.

41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? The news - election results. Of course Mitt Romney won in Utah (surprise) for the Rs. I'm for Obama myself (shhh, don't tell my Mom, well, then again she probably wouldn't be surprised. Disappointed, yes, but not surprised. Oh heck, now she knows. Too late.) I actually donated to a politician (Obama) for the first time today. Ever. That's how important I think he is. And if you disagree, fine by me...just participate in the process please!

42. FAVORITE SOUND? Steve Perry (of Journey's) voice when he hits the high notes.

43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Hm. Old Beatles and newer (70's & 80s) Rolling Stones. How's that for schizophrenic?

44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Not sure mileage-wise but probably either Singapore or Oslo, Norway.

45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I'm pretty good at being a smart-ass, but I don't consider that special. As mentioned before, I do read fast, I guess that's one.

46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? I'd like to say somewhere exotic, but then again I do take pride in being a 4th generation Idahoan. Twin Falls, that is.

1 comment:

Sister Mary Lisa said...

Loved your answers. I've done the meme too (copied from Wry's blog) and will publish it later this week...stay tuned.