Just a quick update to say it's Sunday afternoon and I'm sitting at Bardenay on the Basque Block having lunch and watching football.
And I couldn't be happier.
We drove up yesterday and managed to get stranded on Interstate 80 in the Pequops because of a freak snowstorm that took (apparently) the Nevada Department of Transportation and truckers alike by surprise. Three lanes of traffic at a total standstill while trucks chained up whereever the spirit moved them to stop...sigh. It took for flipping ever to get through there.
We managed to stop and see Dad and Pattie after we dropped off Little Bit at Grandma's. He's having a feeding tube put in his stomach this week to help him get enough food in to gain lots of weight. He may also have to have some chemo, rather unexpected, but more precautionary than necessary. He looks so much better, though he doesn't seem to believe that. He's even getting some hair on his head.
Then we had to get to Boise to pick up the keys to our new pad from friend Allen. (Bless you, Allen for picking them up). The pad is small, but is clean and other than a few random irritating things about rentals (the deadbolt on the front locks with a key from the INSIDE as well as outside...the garage door won't open), and the fact there's a Ron Paul supporter about two houses down (just kidding) I think it will be fine. The Bits are going to be devastated about the size of their bedrooms, but what can you do?
The Husband's flying back to fair SLC tonight and I will go down next Saturday to help pack and move (hopefully) most of our stuff. Anyone want to help?
Yeah...that's what I thought. Happy Sunday and good luck to your teams (except for the Bears, of course).
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Just for that closing comment, I'm gonna root for whoever is playing the against the Packers. Just so that they'll lose another one. :P
-Steve :D
If I was available I would love to help you pack up the place. I could always use a vacation (however short) from my kids. Yes I consider packing a vacation!
Glad your in Idaho again & Yea you used my suggestion for a new blog name.!!!
Dear Anon -
Yes, but it worked, didn't it? You aren't leading the division. And I won. By some miracle. Ha ha. :)
Skkd - I wish you were available too - for the vacation for you and the very capable pair of hands for us (as well as the pleasure of your company!).
Luckily the drive from Idaho through Northern Utah is so, umm, idyllic.
Some say godforsaken, I say beautiful in its starkness. Just try to count the cows.
You mean slow moving elk, as one of my uncles says.
Post a Comment