I'm only kidding. Well, I wish they would drop the price a bit, but the Garden is beautiful and I am going to TRY and take some pics that turn out and post them. Little Bit is very excited and since we've been going to go since...oh...last WEDNESDAY, it's about time we got it done.
It was prevented by a variety of things.
- The house FINALLY closed on Wednesday (yeah!) - we only lost, oh, more money than I care to even think about. But we're out of it and that's what matters - we really didn't even have to make a house payment for a month where none of us lived in it, at least briefly. But, that meant TH had to have everything out of the house Wednesday. Which he did but you can imagine what a pain it was. Thanks to our realtor, Don, that day and friends Ben & Yvette, neighbors Pam and Kenny before that, we got it out. I mean, TH got it out. I'm a sloth and I am ashamed at how little I really did. TH got home to Idaho about 10 p.m.
- Thursday - Had to unload UHaul trailer and back of my Dad's truck - and be to Buhl, ID (very small town by Twin Falls for those of you not familiar with Idaho geography) by 1 p.m. Ha. I finally called Mom and Dad and said I wouldn't see either one of them. I didn't have my aunt's phone number, so she didn't realize I hadn't been hit by a truck until later - I sent her an e-mail after I got home because I was so disgusted that all we did was unload a truck and a trailer all day and had no turkey, mashed potatoes, etc. I did have some deviled eggs because I'd made them first thing that morning. But really. I did get to see part of the Lions game. Holy Cow.
- Friday - Had a glass of wine after work with friend Dana - my bestest friend in Boise - which we haven't gotten to do in like, forever. By the time I realized how late it was getting we were really too late to go see the lights. By now, Little Bit is getting pretty mad, as you can imagine.
- Saturday - Met with realtor regarding possible new houses, ran to Twin Falls to exchange rigs with Dad (who has radiation for another week or so then hopefully is done) and see my Grandma (she's looking good!) and make it home by 6 to see the lights. Again, got here late enough that even Little Bit said - "Let's go tomorrow, Mom."
Now...we are GOING. Additional rants about the stupid Packers, stupid Jets coaching decisions etc. as well as some pictures to come. Hope you had a good Turkey Day. At least the weather here has been beautiful - we walked the doggie on the Greenbelt today and that was very nice indeed.

2 comments:
Moving, housing, real estate...
That all sucks.
I hope it's over with as quickly and painlessly as possible.
You missed nothing in the Lions game. 4 plays, 1 turnover and down by 7 points.
Way to show up, boys.
Hope you at least got some Wild Turkey and Turkey Pot Pie in the microwave.
Post a Comment