Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Random Thoughts From The Weekend

  • Life is a cycle, isn't it? We lost Charles, but cousin Kristi gained little Seth (on my late cousin Danny's birthday, no less). Welcome, Seth. If I can ever find my camera cable, I can post the pictures of your Mom I took when she was still pregnant with you.
  • It's really going to suck saying goodbye to Charles Thursday. I hope TH gets through it okay. He got a sweet, heartbreaking e-mail from Charles' Mom this weekend. That poor woman. People should not have to bury their children.
  • I really love being home. We went skiing Sunday at the local resort and saw five people we knew. Totally without planning to. That never happened to us before, by the way. Just reconfirms the correctness of the decision to come back.
  • Big Bit was here for the weekend with a horrendous cold, which Little Bit promptly caught. And we had no kid's cold stuff in the house at 2 a.m. when he woke up with it. Argh.
  • My Dad's infection is not clearing up, so they have to go in and take out the plate they put in his cheek so the infection will go away, then they can proceed. I am glad he's overall doing so well, if they can get this taken care of I think he's good to go. Damn staph infections. Hang in there, Dad.
  • I CANNOT wait for spring.

3 comments:

Cele said...

Wow that is a lot of heavy stuff. I hope you have a healthier, better week.

t2ed said...

Sorry to hear about Charles.

But if you're going to go, I think Winter is the way to do it. Who wants a funeral on a nice Spring day?

And when Doug Flutie gets popular again, we can say we've loved him for years!

foundinidaho said...

Hi Cele - well, other than Little Bit adding impetigo (skin infection) to the list, things do seem to be getting better!

t2ed - hadn't thought about that, but you are absolutely right. Charles always was a master of timing.

And Doug Flutie will always be popular in my heart. Heh. I must have a thing for quarterbacks.