Monday, March 16, 2009

Random Monday Thoughts

Bob Geldof wrote a good song (one of only two good songs I think he ever wrote) called "I Don't Like Mondays". Well said, my man, well said. I hate them (the ones I have to work, anyway, I get every other one off and those are GREAT days).



  • The Wolf Pack lost Saturday night, and while they looked brilliant in stretches, they are a very young team who was overmatched by Utah State. Note to ESPN2 announcers for future reference: I DO NOT CARE IF A PLAYER ON A UTAH STATE TEAM IS A RETURNED MISSIONARY WHO TURNED HIS LIFE AROUND BY RETURNING TO THE CHURCH. Mentioning it once - I guess okay. Mentioning it FIVE HUNDRED TIMES - Not Acceptable! Plus, the guy is 26 years old - I have a huge problem with the advantage that gives teams. It's definitely one of the reasons that Utah and BYU have successful football programs. The two best players on Nevada's team are freshmen, and I believe that in a couple of years, the Pack may return to its not so long ago Sweet Sixteen form.
  • Cousin Steve DOES still exist, is NOT married or engaged and DOES have a blog. Like most little brothers, if you torment him long enough, you get the desired reaction, in this case, contact. I've updated my "Steve Magnum" link for those of you that would find a picture of a half-naked Sylvester Stallone interesting. Personally, I still think he's old. Sylvester Stallone, not Steve. Though he isn't getting any younger either. (Yes, Steve's blogging about a movie, it's not that kind of site). Looking forward to more posts from this recent convert to the blog world. I am so tired of a) rain; b) clouds and c) snow. I want spring, and I want it now!!
  • I want the necessary work on our house to be finished. TH is putting a tub enclosure in our upstairs bathroom so it will have a shower and I want it done already. The blessing is that he found a job so fast when we moved, the curse is that all of this improvement stuff is taking forever unless I hire Cousin Shawn to do it and we are only so flush with cash.
  • The Idaho state legislature needs to pull their heads out of their patooties and start doing what's right, instead of what's Red. The two don't always coincide, though sometimes, of course, they do.

I think those are all of the random thoughts I have right now. Hope everyone has a good week!

5 comments:

The Boise Picayune said...

Lá Fhéile Pádraig

t2ed said...

Yeah, I love when they've decided upon a story for some player in the game and then they decide to tell that story no matter what's going on in the game.

I really liked when Brent Mumbleburger had decided a frosh from MSU was the best thing in the world. And no matter how many shots he missed or turnovers he had, he just kept going on and on about him.

I can typically only watch with the sound off anymore.

foundinidaho said...

Picayune - if that means happy St. Paddy's, back at you! I'm part Irish but the Gaelic thing escapes me.

t2ed - Now that my team lost I'm pretty much out of March Madness mode. But I think I may start watching all sports with the sound off. John Madden's driving me up a fricking tree too.

Cele said...

Yeah College Baseball started... it's a game I understand.

And excuse me, but isn't head in butt synonymous with paid elected officials?

foundinidaho said...

Cele - don't get the college baseball either. Although I did date a JC baseball coach, well sort of...long story.

Anyway, I agree with your second assessment. In some ways, it ain't much different that Utah. Or anywhere else, it seems.