Let's see...what's going on around here....
- We have finally set a date for our housewarming - May 9. That is way too close if you look at what we still have to do, but I figure it will make us get it done. Invitations are coming soon (Yvette, here comes that chance to see Boise!)
- Our old employer, the "Mothership" as I used to call it, seems to be in real trouble if you look at their NON-earnings announcement this week. I'm hoping and praying they can pull out of the death spiral but I am really worried for all of our good friends that still depend on it for their livlihood, both here and in Utah. I saw the CEO the other night (while enjoying a great glass of wine and great jazz here) and it really took everything I had not to go scream at him for screwing up a really fine company and good employer for many thousands of people. Yes, for those of you in Idaho or around, you know exactly who I'm talking about. I think I'm going to sell the stock I bought for $45 while I can still get $3 out of it. Sigh.
- TH and I got to see Tom & Joe aka "The Fool Squad" last night at the Fettucine Forum which is something Boise State has periodically for free. The Rose Room, a huge room where they have wedding receptions, huge parties etc. was PACKED. The boys were their usual sparkling, funny selves with lots of Tom Luna (Superintendent of Education for Idaho who seems hell bent on screwing our schools as badly as possible) and Butch Otter (Governer of Idaho, ditto) jokes. I heart them.
- It looks like my Mom is moving to Boise! She has been here all week and found a place she likes, and has made an offer on it. She won't be moving for a couple of months, but unless something totally unravels, she will be near us very soon. It will be nice to have her closer, I hope she likes living here as much as we do. And, no, I didn't talk her into it. The Bits, and Little Bit in particular, are very excited about this development.
- Speaking of Little Bit, he won a pizza party for selling the most cookie dough and magazine subscriptions in his class for the PTO fundraiser. And he only sold $91 (well, I did, anyway at work). That is both cool for him and sad to note for his school. It's in the poorest area in Boise and money is quite dear to most of the parents and families. It makes me feel fortunate indeed.
- I am sick to death of clouds, rain, and snow. Come on spring, get your happy humps over here to Idaho!
- Jay Cutler got traded to the Chicago Bears. Ha. Haha. HAHAHAHAHAHA. Whew.
- Big Bit has a DATE to the PROM. *Sob**Sniff*
- My Grandmother, who hasn't been doing well, appears to be doing much better. I don't care if she's 91, she's still my Grandma and I still need a Grandma, so she'd better stick around!
- The Idaho Steelheads made the playoffs. Yay!
I think that is a pretty good roundup of developments. Have a good weekend!

8 comments:
what aunt Pam leaving Jackpot? She must be going to retire? That's great that she'll be in Boise maybe on one of the trips I'll get to see all of you. Any tips on selling a house & renting?
That's ok. We'll make him work here in Chicago. You'll see. We may even be back in the Superbowl this year.
*Wails and gnashes teeth in anguish*
-Steve
Maybe if I did blogs like this I'd blog more. hmmm.
Steak house, yummmmm.
I have to say even I'm getting tired of the rain. This weekend is suppose to be sunny and I've promised to go shopping Saturday and must do taxes Sunday. Suck. I want to garden.
SKKD - Mom actually retired after we moved to Utah. She's ready for a change and I hope she likes it.
As far as selling and renting if you have a pet, it's a pain because most people don't want dogs. Look very carefully before deciding to sell and rent.
Steve - well that you should wail. He's a prima donna with no production behind it. Good luck with that.
Cele - abandon all indoor plans and garden. You need the sun!
May 9 is on the calendar. Yippee! Idaho, clear a path through the potatoes, 'cause here we come!
Okay, I know that potatoes aren't blooming yet, but I couldn't resist the reference. I mean, it's on the license plates and everything.
How great that your mom will be moving closer! I smell some extra-spoiled grandchildren on the horizon. :)
Yvette - I'm so glad you and Ben are planning to come! It will be good to see you guys.
I actually had "SPUDPKR" (spud picker) on my plates when I lived in Nevada. Because I EMBRACE the spud jokes. :)
So you know that this summer, you'll be able to buy a Transformers-themed Mr. Potato Head called "Bumble Spud?" :D Fer realz!
I must have me a bumble spud, yo!
Post a Comment