Good ways:
- We had a great housewarming party, lots of family and friends including Ben & Yvette who got the prize for farthest traveled - from Utah Valley, as a matter of fact. Good to see them and I'm so glad you guys liked Boise!
- There's only two weeks of school left. I'm looking forward to a summer that really IS a summer with Little Bit. He's always attended year-round schools and there is nothing harder than explaining to a little boy why it's 90 degrees out and sunny and he has to go to BED instead of playing in the sprinkler, or what-not.
- I've decided to adopt a new life-style. I refuse to call it a diet, so that way it stays on the good side of the list.
- Big Bit will be here Friday for the weekend. Yay!
- Last but certainly not least, Dad had surgery Tuesday to take care of the thing that was causing his staph infection. He is home and doing as well as he can be. Big prayers that the infection will GO and he can get all the way better. Finally.
Bad ways:
- There are still boxes in my garage and I can't park in it. Sigh.
- It's cloudy and kind of yucky today. I WANT SPRING OVER. NOW.
- While I desperately try to get organized at work, a wave of disorganization is working against me. That is all I can say.
- The Husband has to wear the following this weekend. Don't ask. It will all be explained later this weekend in another post, if only cryptically.


6 comments:
He has to wear a tie the size of Cleveland? Not cool!
-Steve
Steve - you have no idea how cool it isn't. But you will soon!
Gads! I don't think Ducky has even ever owned a tie. Well he wore one for our eldest daughter's wedding last July... but it was rented. Oh, ha ha I can't wait to tease him about paying to wear a tie. too sick.
Cele - TH has NEVER owned a suit. Ever. Even when he was little. Or a tie. He's worn tuxes in weddings, but at ours he wore a beautiful dress shirt and some slacks.
Just wait until you see the pictures of why he's wearing it. I think, though I can't promise, they will be priceless.
Steve - you forgot to say an UGLY tie the size of Cleveland.
Thank you for taking care of Spring. Now it's 90 here. Damn.
And I still have boxes from the move 18 months ago. But at least I can fit in the garage now.
My tip: Try to handle 1 box a day. Unpack, put crap away (that you didn't need and shouldn't have moved anyway but we'll leave that alone for now), cut up box and put in trash.
It works. Until it finally gets so hot you can't stand the garage anymore. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
t2ed - It's 95 here. I can't handle the garage anymore. But you're absolutely right about the one box a day concept.
You're welcome for taking care of Spring. I didn't think Utah had that. It has freezing cold then blistering heat. Nothing in between.
Post a Comment