Yes, that's the "Ugly Duckling" sitting on a Bronco, along with a "Bucking Bronco" stick horse. Someone offered to put the Duck under the Bronco for me when I mentioned I was taking this for a friend in Oregon. I declined.
I can't wait until this game is over. It's like living in Utah with Utah and BYU in your face all the time. It's great to have school spirit, and I did cheer Boise State on in the Fiesta Bowl. I'm even rooting for Ian Johnson to make the Vikings despite the fact he'll be playing on the same team as Judas Favre. But it's all been a bit much, like it's the Second Coming or some such. Believe it or not, I'm not the only person in town that feels this way. Even some people that didn't attend Nevada or Idaho feel this way.
As promised to friend Steve, Go Ducks. I will say - Good Luck, Broncos.

5 comments:
Yeah, my Pop already had a guy from Boise call him to talk smack about tonight's game. He acted like he didn't even know Utah State was playing Utah tonight.
It's so cute how they think the Mountain Worst Conference and WACamole are real conferences.
t2ed -
WACamole! I love it! I'm appropriating it.
The only game I really care about is when Nevada plays BSU. Just because it would be fun to dance around in my ugly hoodie after the game if we won (it's in Boise this year). Then I'll get beaten to death, but it will have been worth it.
I would love to be dancing right now... maybe in Aruba. When I heard the Ducks were wearing their white helmets I yelled, "WTF?!" (translate - What the Farve - it's a new cuss word in my family) The Ducks never win when wearing their white helmets... just ask me. The only time I am superstitious is during Duck Football. Oh, ummm, it's 13 / 0 with 33 seconds left in the second quarter. Bummer.
Maybe the third quarter Ducks will appear, ooh, maybe they'll put in Nate Costa. Hey, a girl can wish.
Cele - I went to bed in the 3rd quarter. Had I known the white helmets were a curse, I wouldn't have watched at all. Now there'll be no containing the hubris. Sigh.
Ah Fii, you can hang your head in abysmal depression with me.
Post a Comment