Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Speech

Okay, my political leanings aren't much of a secret. And I think that's okay. But, I really relate the following because I was so proud of Little Bit that I wanted to burst.

Mom: "Sweetie, did you watch the President's speech today in school?"

Little Bit: "Yes, Mom, we watched it during Music class."

Mom: "What did you think?" (secretly thinking he'd shrug his shoulders and say "whatever")

LB: "It was very interesting, Mom. Even the President, when he was little, felt alone and lonely at school, just like me, but he grew up to be President."

Mom: "Do you feel like that any more? Alone and lonely?"

LB: "Not here, Mom. I feel good here. And I liked that speech."

Awesome.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

:D

-Cousin Steve

Cele said...

Love it. He's such a smart little bit.

foundinidaho said...

He's too funny. He's growing up so fast, some days I can't believe it.

Maddie said...

Awesome!

foundinidaho said...

Pants - he's such a 10 year old boy that I was seriously amazed he listened. And 10 year old boys usually don't have profound conversation, though I'm sure they have profound thoughts!