Monday, October 5, 2009

This Could Be Trouble

From BeerKid at PackerPalace.com - the musings of one lady, Lemondrop, that frequents those haunts. Here's her drinking game for tonight's Monday Night matchup (Vikings vs. Packers in case you haven't heard. Ha). Reading carefully, it seems very dangerous, as is any good drinking game.

Packers vs Vikings Drinking Game - http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2009/9/29/1061024/packers-vs-vikings-drinking-game
All participants must take a drink every time one of the following occurs during the broadcast.

1) The word "gunslinger" is mentioned

2) The word "schism" is mentioned

3) The phrases "plays/looks like a kid out there" or "that's how football is supposed to be played" is used

4) Brad Childress looks confused on the sidelines

5) The cameras pan to the luxury boxes to show either Ted Thompson or Deanna Favre

6) Anytime Mid Game, ESPN shows a highlight of Brett Favre throwing a TD AGAINST the Minnesota Vikings (note - I saw the Packers at the Metrodome in 1997 -witnessed a few of these myself.)

7) An announcer mentions Brett Favre's Age

8) The phrase, "That's why the Vikings brought him here" is used

9) Brett Favre is sacked

10) Every time a Wrangler or the new Sears Commercial w/ Favre airs.

11) Every time Allen Barbre is shown standing over a prone Rodgers with a sheepish look on his face (note, I hope this doesn't happen a lot but I'm not holding my breath.)

Or, as Lemondrop says: "I'm just going to make it simple and drink every time I hear "Favre"."

5 comments:

Cele said...

I was advisor for the high school radio show tonight. Crap those kids love Farve. It was painful.

t2ed said...

I think Purple Judas got the hell out of Green Bay so he didn't have to try to play behind that offensive line. The way Rodgers was running for his life back there it reminded me of the Loins.

I was really nauseous. Maybe it was the 3 TD's, maybe it was Chucky's stories about coaching Purple Judas. Hard to tell.

foundinidaho said...

Cele - I will always love him for who he used to be until he started believing his own PR. Which, to be honest, is partially the fault of the fans that made himm out to be Godlike. That's enough to inflate anyone's head after many years. Sigh.

t2ed - I'm sure you could tell my level of irritation if you saw my tweets. I don't think I've been that angry in a long time. I wanted to beat Chucky with a stick. And, I probably could have taken him. That's how mad I was.

The o-line does suck. I felt so sorry for that poor kid. I'll be he's sore today.

I went and took down every picture of purple Judas that I have in my pool room. When he retires from that abysmal team, I will put them back up.

The Boise Picayune said...

Too wrapped up with my Yankees to notice other sports right now.

Evil Empire Über Alles!

Yankee Baseball Macht Frei

Schönen Tag noch!

foundinidaho said...

Go Yankees! (I really do mean that. Back to Catfish Hunter and all).