Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thank You, Mr. Utility Worker and Other Thoughts

It almost froze last night (our plants look like it even though we covered them up) and I thought it was going to be a horrible day weatherwise but now it's quite pleasant and I'm getting ready to go for a walk.

Why am I home at 3:07 p.m. you may ask? Well, some really, really smart guy who was digging a big hole in our parking lot at work DUG UP THE POWER SUPPLY. Call before you dig, guys, seriously. This happened around 11 a.m. The phones (sort of) works - you couldn't call in but you could call out, so after a couple of conference calls and lunch we all gave up and they closed the building. Our building is part of a bigger complex and of all of the buildings, who was the only one out of power? Ours. Who really wasn't in the mood today to work? Me. As my friend the Donnalama says "I didn't know you had such power". I KNOW! Me either! Now to turn my powers to good not evil, haha.

Other random thoughts - I hope Brett gets pounded just about as hard as you can without serious mental or permanent physical injury Monday night. I may have to squeeze into my T-Shirt that shrunk such that Little Bit wears it to bed that says "My Favorite Team is the Packers and Whoever Plays the Vikings". Special meaning this year, that. I am hopeful that when we play in Green Bay in November we will win because the "Old Man" doesn't like the cold anymore and has to play in a dome, but I'm not too sure about this one. Like when the "Loins" (t2ed's term) won, if the Packers win this weekend it may be time to "get right with the Lord" (again, his term). It may be the second sign of the apocalypse. Or third, if my power outage is a true sign of my power.

Bg Bit comes tomorrow which means a) Yay, we get to see him! and b) Four weeks until Disneyland and his college visit.

If you haven't yet checked out the Disney Channel's show "Phineas and Ferb", you most definitely should. It's witty for both kids and parents, and features a most awesome band doing its theme song and some of the musical numbers (Love Handel is one of my favorite episodes) - that is - the breathtaking Bowling for Soup. (Cele, Burp would LOVE it if he hasn't seen it already.)

Lastly, I heard this song coming home - how is it that a song that came out when I was but a few months old could be a) so fresh today and b) one of my favorite songs ever, much less of the band who plays it? Enjoy. Hope you're getting some sunshine in too where you are. Oh, it snowed in Utah and I wasn't there. YAY!!! (Pants, Yvette, I know it's pretty but come on.)


7 comments:

t2ed said...

We just got out power whacked the other day by the mo-rons digging across the street. Can you keep them up there for a while? Turns out I like my beverages at a suitably cold temperature.

And don't let that Motown Loins statistical anomoly go to anyone's head. One game does not a dynasty make.

foundinidaho said...

t2ed - You keep your mo-rons and I'll keep mine. How's that?

I'd rather see the Loins start a dynasty than the Vikqueens. Just sayin'.

Cele said...

Ugh - Farve, I'm so tired already.

I knew you had something in you, but wow! that is power.

Yvette/innergeek said...

Okay, I spent a while trying to figure out the "pants" part of that sentence. Am I overthinking it?

Yes, the snow is pretty. But I like fall and snow no matter where it is... even Utah. ;)

Nice power story!

foundinidaho said...

Cele - I'm tired too but still a little bitter. What the Favre, as you say. If we win tomorrow a lot of healing will go in in Packer Nation. And with Brett, too, whether he'll admit it or not.

Yvette - "Pants" is another blogger, in the SLC area, who I post back and forth with. I've not met her but although she is a SLC native (and former LDS) she gets my "Argh! Utah!" moments. She too says it's pretty. And it is, I agree with you both there.

Yvette/innergeek said...

Oh, okay, that makes more sense then! I just got home and the full moon is trying to shine through, showing even more snow at higher elevations... but yes, I was glad to not have to drive in it just yet.

Unknown said...

Burp does love Phineus and Furb.