Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Things I Wish Would Go Differently or Better

I want Brett to report to training camp Friday (he faxed his letter to the NFL Commissioner today) and the Packers are all there to welcome him with open arms (it ain't gonna happen, but it's my blog so there).

I want Little Bit to stay out of the principal's office all the way until his track break starts in October. Yes, he's already been there once in two days, he's got to test this new teacher out. Good news, she seems to have a high level of energy and commitment. She's going to need it. So am I, apparently. I wish track break was more than three weeks.

I wish that The Husband could manage to multi task for once in his life or be on time for once in his life because sometimes I have to work too and I can't manage his life for him. At the same time as keeping up with my job, kids, changing oil on the cars, paying the bills etc.

I wish Big Bit had more of a backbone and could tell his dad (who is NOT TH in case you're keeping track and didn't know) that he thinks the EHFH is psycho and wants to stay here instead of going back because he really doesn't want to live with a psycho. (I knew he was, all along, but Big Bit's finally figured it out on his own).

Argh. Anyway, just had to vent a little, I love all four of the above (three more than the other one of course) but there are days I DO NOT UNDERSTAND MEN. This was one of them.

3 comments:

Dennis-Edelmann family said...

Please, please let me know if you figure out men!! I believe it will always be a mystery to me. (That's what I get for having only sisters and a quiet dad).
Good luck with all four men.
Dawna

Anonymous said...

Hey, I was trying to help you both figure us out when we were growing up. It's not my fault that you didn't pay attention then. :P :D

Cous, I know you can get through this and triumph over the... issues of your boys. You're tough like that. And hopefully that toughness will rub off on them. :D

Love ya,
Steve

foundinidaho said...

I guess I flunked your course. Maybe by the time Rory grows up I'll have them figured out!

I'm with Dawna, growing up an only child with a very quiet Dad doesn't help with knowing how to deal with a houseful of them. At least you have Bryn!