Sunday, July 20, 2008

What's Going On

Wow, there has been a lot going on...here's an update on the familial (and other) happenings of the last few weeks...

  • D-Will re-signed with the Utah Jazz for maximum money (max=more than I will ever see in my lifetime). He will be here at least 3 more years. Which is way longer than I want to be here, but I heart him anyway.

  • Little Bit marched in the Fort Herriman Days parade with the Scouts, handing out flags. It was 9 a.m. when the parade kicked off and hotter than you-know-where. I walked with him most of the way. Whew. He argued the whole way over there about doing it, but he enjoyed it in the end, I think. They have quite the deal here for their celebration, including a killer fireworks show the last night after a free concert. Unlike our friend Scott, we did not smuggle Kokanee beer into the park for the fireworks, though it DID cross my mind.








Little Bit also learned to ride a bike the same week. I know, he's 9 and he can't ride a bike? He just had never really tried to learn, he had a "trailer bike" that hooks onto the end of The Husband's and he rode that for several years, just riding along with Dad. He's now too big to even try that, so we had to resort to forcing him to learn. He did great!



First the preparation:


Then he's off!


The week after the 4th, we went to McCall, ID camping. I love McCall, there is a state park right on Payette Lake with flushing toilet, showers and power. We tent camp, but I draw the line at not being able to take a shower! Plus, it's right by town so we went to the brewpub there, found a great pizza place and also got to relax by the beautiful lake.



Lots of swimming, so Margarita and the Bits were very happy indeed.







Then, it was home for TH and I, the bits stayed with Grandpa & Pattie, then with Grandma.

We had grand plans...we planned on seeing family in Boise but due to my family of men's famous inability to get moving faster than snails, we barely had time to see the Father In Law and then drop the boys off at Grandpa's.

We picked them up Saturday, met Mom in Wendover. We were planning on going all the way to get them and seeing my grandmother. As usual, I double booked myself and realized we had tickets to see The Police in SLC on Saturday, so didn't make it to Idaho. But we will in a couple of weeks for Shakespeare.

Before the boys came back we actually got to relax a bit, even with work. Rita and Bucky even joined in the relaxation.






Oh, I forgot. All they do is relax. What a life!

We're all home together now - Little Bit will enjoy his last week of freedom before
4th grade kicks off. Time does fly.

3 comments:

Maddie said...

Payette Lake looks gorgeous! How warm is the water?

SKKD Lambing said...

Sounds like fun and busy. He starts school in August? I believe Kelli doesn't start til Sept..

How's the job? Has Sibel moved on yet?

Love,
SKKDD

foundinidaho said...

Pants - water is somewhat cold - it's snow runoff. You don't see me anywhere near the water! Actually, it's not that bad the later it gets in the summer. Little Bit has no fat on him whatsoever and he wasn't coming out turning blue from the cold. It is just a beautiful place.

SKKD - He's in year round, so he starts July 28. Next summer though he'll have two months off because he changes tracks. Unless we're in Idaho, then he'll have a real summer. HA!

Sybil is still with us until the end of August. No word on a replacement yet but I have hopes for a good choice - and it's NOT me!