Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanks

Okay, so probably it's a typical blog topic either the day before or day of Thanksgiving, but I have much to be thankful for (thanks to a fellow blogger for reminding me of that) - the week has been super-stressful with trying to close on the house sale, waiting to see if TH gets his job, realizing how much money it cost us to move back (OUCH!!) and so on.

Yet, as I drove to work today I just had to smile. There's so many reasons why:

  • I don't live in Utah anymore. Thank you, Dear Jesus (I am not being sarcasting there, please note).
  • I live in Boise, with everything to offer only minutes away.
  • TH, I and the Bits are healthy. The rest of the family's either healthy or taking steps to be so.
  • We have our Margarita back (dog, not drink, though we like both).
  • We're going to London in December.
  • We get to see a vast majority of our family tomorrow.
  • The Jets beat the Titans and lead their division.
  • The Packers suck and Ted Thompson will be fired.
  • Basketball season is coming and I can open a can of whoop ass on the BSU fans all over town (and in Washington).
  • A whole lot of political stuff that just makes people crazy, so 'nuff said.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone, and please remember what you are thankful for.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad a fellow blogger sent you that message. MOM

Anonymous said...

A really bad day in Boise is still usually better than a really good day in about 3/4 of the rest of the world.

If only for that fact do we have much to be thankful for.

Cele said...

A really bad day in the Pacific Northwest is a better day than most other places. Boise is definately a beautiful city (although I like Stanley best.)

I hope you had a great Turkey day.

foundinidaho said...

Mom - me too. Though Thanksgiving sucked, it was still better than being in Utah.

Picayune - so true!

Cele - I love Stanley, too. My uncle has a cabin there. It is truly beautiful and calm.