Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Cousins

Update: Thanks to Yvette, I added an important element to this post!

Cousins, I've got cousins...when both parents have lots of siblings or cousins who are just like siblings (in my dad's case, both), you get a lot of cousins. If you're an only child, this is a big boon as you still have instant playmates, maybe not always the moment you wake up in the morning, but often, and because you're family they have to tolerate you, just like a sibling. If you're lucky, they feel the same way about you when you all grow up, just like siblings.

So, since I've been thinking about cousins...

Cousin D had another little girl, so now Bryn and Arrow have a little sister. Yes, dogs can have little sisters. So there. Congrats to Cousin D, Kurt, Bryn and Arrow. I now have no pregnant cousins (of which I am aware). It's been a long time since I could say that!

Cousin Shawn has been working on our house and it's been fun to have him around, plus it's nice to have someone do work for you that you can trust implicitly, both with your stuff and that the work will be done well. Cousin D and Cousin Shawn were my flower girl and ring bearer at my first wedding, but I don't in any way hold them responsible for the drama and threats of incrimination that ultimately resulted from that disaster. For those, I hold my maid of honor responsible since she shoved me out the door when I turned to her and said "I've changed my mind, I don't want to do this."


Cousin Steve SAID he was working on a blog. I've still not seen any proof. Perhaps I'm in the doghouse. He never writes...he never calls...just like a typical little brother, I guess. Geez, even Kristi manages to blog a little with a two week old!

Oh, and I wouldn't mind seeing some updated photos of Mr. Thomas Wayne.

Okay, now that's off my chest, back to my regularly scheduled rants.

10 comments:

SKKD Lambing said...

Love you Colleen, thanks for the birthday wishes. Thanks for the fun blog and the comments on mine.
Best get back to the regular scheduled programming

Cele said...

I wish I had cousins or my sister close. 70 miles is too far away to be called close. I miss that daily contact in our relationship... and sadly I'm not a phone person.

Anonymous said...

Hey there,
Took your advice and put up pictures. Enjoy.

foundinidaho said...

SKKD - Hope you're coping well now that Shane's back in the saddle at work - hope to see you again soon.

Cele - almost none of my cousins are close in mileage - the few that are I don't stay in contact with that much, actually, though now that we're settling in I'm going to try and rectify that. But as you can see by their possts, some of my cousins are active in the blog world and it's a great way to stay in touch. I'm sort of a phone person, but it goes in phases. Plus most of these guys have newborn babies. I'm sure they have no time to chat.

Neva - Yay! I'm going to check them out. Thanks!

Yvette/innergeek said...

I now have the Patty Duke theme song running through my head, even though you didn't mention that any of your cousins looked just like you.

Oh, btw, did you hear that Utah is ditching the private club system? HALLELUJAH!

foundinidaho said...

Yvette - I was actually going to type the words from that song and I FORGOT! ACK! I am getting old. I think I need to add a picture.

Yes, just in time for my membership to expire, it's not needed anymore. Maybe, just maybe, Utah will get into the 20th century. Not the 21st, that would be rushing things a bit.

Dennis-Edelmann family said...

Thanks for the well wishes! I am very thankful for cousins too! I'm glad blogs can help us keep in contact (Steve?... Steve?... where are you?) Glad to contribute another little girl to the NW clan of cousins! And good job spurring Neva into updating the website!

foundinidaho said...

D -

I'm glad Neva got on the stick - those are pretty cute pictures, he's really starting to look like a baby, not a newborn - you know what I mean - both are cute but this is more who he will be. Kristi's right, Ansley does look like Bryn. You can see it already.

I have a suspicion Steve is going to emerge from the silence engaged or married or something. This isn't like him.

Take care!

Anonymous said...

My blog info will be forthcoming. And no, no engagement or wedding plans to announce.

-Cousin Steve

foundinidaho said...

Ha! Made you talk!

:)