Saturday, March 29, 2008

To Be Fair

Okay, obviously I've found a lot of things about where I live wanting. There are a lot of reasons for this, but primarily I think the reason is that when I moved to Boise 14 years ago, things kind of fell into place for me. I met The Husband the first week I was there, we got married six months later, Big Bit was still small and all of the turmoil ahead with his situation was still far in the future, the summer was beautiful and for the first time as an adult, I felt "home". So I have been, and in some ways, continue to be desperately homesick.

However, it is true I am "lostinutah" for at least a while, and have been for two years next week. Man, time flies.

So, in honor of this anniversary, I have compiled things I actually do like about Utah. Don't fall off your seats!





Yes, I love the Utah Jazz. This started mid-season last year - we had gone to a game, didn't really get it, the boys were bored etc. Then we watched a few games on TV. I've never been able to get into pro basketball ever ever, but suddenly, maybe because of the media coverage here which portrays the players as real people, we got interested. Or maybe we just needed something to like. At any rate, we've been to several games this year and have our particular favorite players. Mine is Carlos Boozer. No jokes from the peanut gallery, here.


There is another player, however, who has really caught my interest. Kyle Korver. He looks like Ashton Kutcher, only better.









Next thing, the mountains. We've only been skiing a few times in two years - so much more expensive than Idaho to ski in and so many more people competing for the mountains but the view from our 2nd story windows in our house is really beautiful. Even with snow on the mountains (it's supposed to snow tonight..sigh). I'll put a better picture out, this one's not the best but you get the idea...




Lastly, some of the people we've met. I go to a really small start up Lutheran church in a movie theatre, very laid back, nice people, great pastor (who used to be an engineer on the Space Shuttle program, no kidding!), a few of our neighbors, who don't mind that we don't head up to their ward on Sundays (though we do go there for Scouts), a few people we know who moved here for the company we work for (including one couple we've known for a good 12 years), and lastly, The Husband's great boss (as opposed to mine, but that's another story).

So, to sum it up, all is not bad here, now if the "one true church" would quit telling me how to live my life, it might be bearable. Even with the drivers.

No comments: