
Okay, so Mr. Katt is about to be fired as our official vole killer. He did well earlier this year, but has slacked and now the voles have made off with two pepper plants. One with many Cayenne peppers on it and all! Stupid voles.
I have sprinkled pepper flakes all over our boxes (this is supposed to work, but please note the damn voles ate a CAYENNE PLANT WITH CAYENNE PEPPERS ON IT).
I may be resorting to mouse traps or coyote urine (I KNOW!) soon to get rid of these evil garden raiders.
And I don't care what you say...they are not cute!!!

2 comments:
I should NOT be quietly laughing here... but I am. :)
A friend of mine had trouble with gophers. In the course of several days, they dug into his yard and started pulling DOWN the Japanese Iris plants. Gone. Not one of them left, and he had five plants. On the last day, before he went ballistic... he came home to find their fountain in the backyard was collapsed and laying sideways... because they had dug around the base and the fountain had collapsed into the gopher tunnels. Boop... down she goes!
He called an exterminator.
Exterminators are not ruled out! Although The Husband is now landscaping the area around our garden boxes and putting in paving stones so they hit their nasty little heads when they try to come up.
Thanks for the story, I had to laugh that we aren't alone with the pests.
Post a Comment