First, there is "Casper". So named because when Big Bit brought him home from a friend's house as a kitten he was very friendly and still is. So, "Casper, the Friendly Kitten". He's approaching 13 now and other than arthritis and a heart murmur he's not doing too bad. Here he is with Big Bit, his savior from being drowned or eaten by dogs - his fate if left at our friend's house (well, now ex-friend and this was the least of her sins).

Next, there is "Margarita", or as she is known at the AKC "Tequila's Margarita". Lest you think we are totally winos, her mother's name is Tequila and Tequila's owners own a liquor store. So, many of her pups names are references to alcohol. We call her "Rita" for short. She just turned 10. I will never have a lab again because the first three years are hell, but the last seven haven't been too bad. Except for she will eat anything.

I think the young pets are the evil ones, really. Cynthia Rabbit is, I think, coming on 4. Don't let the sweet, fluffy look fool you. This animal is a diva and capable of a) kicking the dog off her bed so she can invade it. b) defending herself against the evil cat yet to be shown. c) Rattling her cage, flinging her bowl and toys around to make quite the racket; and d) Demanding a nose rubbing. We got her because Big Bit HAD to have a rabbit. Guess who cleans her cage....
She rules the roost.

Lastly, there is Bucky Katt, now aged 3, who has been seen before on a post. He shows absolutely no appreciation for the fact we saved his life from the Salt Lake County Animal Shelter. I adored the Siamese I had as a child and had always wanted another one. Boy, did I get one in spades.
He has destroyed one banister to the point we're probably going to have to do serious work on it before we sell the house as he would NOT stop clawing it for quite a while, even under threat of death, and he has a lovely habit of marking his territory, if you know what I mean. He also bosses around Casper and tries to steal his food, as well as Little Bit's water from his nightstand. I think we've finally worked out the destructive parts with lots of discipline and Hart's Pet NO, but the nocturnal wailings and stealth missions for food and water continue.
So, there they are...the evil pets...good thing they're cute.

3 comments:
So that's what the psycho Siamese that you've been telling me about looks like!
-Steve
Yes, he's very cute! Yet, really evil.
That sounds like many felines I've known. :D
-Steve
Post a Comment