Friday, April 4, 2008

Gotta get loose


I don't think I've mentioned...the town the Husband and I work in is the site where the infamous (and much beloved by me) movie "Footloose", starring Kevin Bacon, Sarah Jessica Parker and so on was mostly filmed.

There is something to that movie, because a lot of times when I am in it (that town) I feel like I'm being told I can't dance. Figuratively, that is. Kind of how I feel about the whole state, actually.

Anyhoo, I get a giggle when I go to KFC for lunch and think of Kevin Bacon being 10 feet from where I turn to get my lunch. It is, indeed, a small world.

And trust me, he was quite right to be fighting "the Man". We need a "Ren" in Utah just now.

1 comment:

t2ed said...

I love this.

And a friend of mine's mother was in the crowd scene where John Lithgow is preaching against the evils of dancing.

No, it's not 1950. It's just Utah.