Sunday, April 20, 2008

Miscellaneous Ramblings

Home from Reno, where we saw the Gin Blossoms - awesome show - I have my t-shirt reading "Gin Blossoms, Twenty Miserable Years" - since it's been 20 years the band's been together and their first album (nationally anyway) was "New Miserable Experience". Since I was getting ready to get a divorce when I bought their first album I had to laugh. Twenty Miserable Years, Indeed. It's been about 23 miserable years for me. Heh. Man, I am old.

Had a great time with Big Bit, got to eat at the few places that are things I miss about Reno and I didn't have to lay eyes on the EHFH once. Whee.

In other notes, we have taken the plunge of booking a major trip. Remember when I said I had to quit traveling so I could quit my job? Well, I'm working until next year, anyway.

We are taking the boys to London in December. We leave Christmas afternoon and return on January 2. We are all excited, and yesterday stood in line at the Reno post office for over an hour (!) to get Little Bit and The Husband's passport applications submitted. Big Bit already has one and I had to get one for work a while back, so we were covered.

Now, for the rest of the year, we'll be saving to be able to afford to eat on the trip and buy souvenirs. And, I'm trying to figure out how to get up to Great-Grandpa's house in Matlock. So far, I'm only seeing a train trip that will cost a good $300 for all of us, and that is a bit steep. But, as my mother says, if I get this close to his birthplace for a whole week and don't go see it I am the most ungrateful great-grandchild ever. So we'll see. I'd love to bring Grandma back some photos of his house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HOW did I not know about your blog??

I likes the digs and will be back to thoroughly explore your space.

(sorry if this is a double comment - not sure what happened to the 1st one - gah!)

Be well.