This has not been the best week ever - Sybil is going down in full roar so work has been a blast - and Big Bit has decided that protecting his Mom from the EHFH is very important...and he's afraid of standing his ground and handling conflict. So back to Nevada he goes. A backbone is the one thing I've apparently deprived him of whether through living conditions or genetics (I doubt the latter) - but it is what it is and he does seem to be genuinely reveling in the real family life we have as he always has. I figured out a long time ago being afraid of the EHFH is the biggest mistake you can make. I hope he does too.
As if to counteract these lovely thoughts, at least minimally, I happened across this video. I did not have an idea it existed, but as you see the "cameraman" pan through, the middle two of the six heads you see are The Husband and myself. Shot at the Nugget in Sparks, Nevada in April. So I'm on YouTube, thankfully it's anonymous but I about died when I saw the back of my head. Funny how life is.
I also added lyrics from one of my favorite Gin Blossoms songs below, the music makes the song, it's hauntingly beautiful - it's how I feel this week. Thank God we're going to Boise for Weekend at Willie's - hope to see family along the way that aren't involved in the two weddings we have to attend....
Not Only Numb - from Congratulations I'm Sorry
Looking all around the room I see the clutter in the gloom
I’m not only back, I’m not only numb
Changing shades within the evening
In a day then I’ll be leaving
I’m not only back, I’m not only numb
When the air at home is thin
Getting out then looking in
Yeah she knows, she knows, she knows
It ain’t awful hard to tell
What it’s like, my little hell
Yeah she knows, she knows, she knows
I’m now familiar with the tone I hear in bed when I’m alone
I’m not only back, I’m not only numb
In the shade below the eaves
Think I could chain smoke anything
I’m not only back, I’m not only numb
When the air at home is thin
Getting out, then looking in
Yeah she knows, she knows, she knows
It ain’t awful hard to tell
What it’s like, my little hell
Yeah she knows, she knows, she knows
She knows, she knows, she knows
She sees all the cars around the parking lots of bars we’ve played and stayed
Started laughing, looking down upon the bed that we’ve made
We’ve made, we’ve made, we’ve made
She sees all the cars around the parking lots of bars we’ve played and stayed
Started laughing, looking falling down across the bed that we’ve made
We’ve made, we’ve made, we’ve made
The air at home is thin
When getting out, then looking in
I’m not only back, I’m not only numb
Changing shades within the evening
In a day, then I’ll be leaving
I’m not only back, I’m not only numb...
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Fond Memory and a Good Song
Labels:
90's Music,
Big Bit,
Great Weekend,
Hometown,
I have to work until I die,
Idaho,
The Husband
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sorry to hear that Brett Farve went to the Jets. Trader!! Thanks for the response on my blog. Good luck with work and Tim situation. You've done the best you can do. I know someday I will be in some spot with my kids and you'll rub these words at me :-) Hope you had a great weekend in Idaho.
Love Us
Post a Comment