Friday, September 12, 2008

Mini-Updates

  • Saw Dad last night - he looks much better than he did Wednesday. He can talk a little, had some lung issues that were unexpected but nothing that wasn't handled easily and he's already sitting up on the side of the bed. Hopefully walking a bit today and every reason to believe he'll be out of the hospital Monday or Tuesday. Big Bit's coming in tonight so it will be good for him to see his Grandpa. I don't think I'm going to let Little Bit in, the tubes etc. would scare him to death. He's already lost one grandparent, I don't want him to worry he might lose another.

  • On another note - I have been told to expect a job offer either late this week (I guess that's today, eh?) or early next week. I'm hoping for the late this week - I'd like this to be over and know what we're going to do. Odds are, of course, that I will accept and that we will be preparing to move, but it all comes down to the Benjamins. Let's hope the Benjamins are ready to party with me.

Have a great weekend everyone! Oh, and happy public late birthday to Cousin Steve. I'm a shameful cousin, but it's not because I don't care. :)

3 comments:

Ann D said...

Thanks for the updates on your Dad.

t2ed said...

Congrats on the job and your Dad recuperating nicely.

Now I get to make a lot of potato jokes. A lot.

foundinidaho said...

I'm used to the jokes - I'll be so happy I'll probably even laugh at them.

:)