Monday, September 8, 2008

Miscellaneous Updates

Let's see. Much to update, and I wish not to ramble.

JETS WON! PACKERS WON! (TAKE THAT VIKINGS!) Jaguars lost...sigh.

Greater Tuna (Tom & Joe for 2 hours) = FUNNY.

1) Little Bit got his Bear badge in Scouts. He is gearing up for Webelos. I found it very interesting for his Scoutmaster to note that he is the Bear with the most arrow points and got his badge first - and - let's get this straight - he's not LDS, his parents aren't doing it for him (and yes, the LDS Scoutmaster who works for me says this is typically how people get their Eagle Scout at age 13 so it happens) and who goes to the den meetings with him? We do. Come on people, get involved with your kids.







Here he's putting a pin on me. Since I am "Akela", his helper - every time he gets a badge, I get a cool pin. TH helps too, of course, but this is interestingly something he and I bond over (I always wanted to be a Cub Scout, and TH was and hated it). We're very proud of him!



2) A couple of interesting things happened last week. I had my interview, which I THINK went well (but who really knows) - I should know what's up this week and Sybil managed to e-mail herself into a corner. Please, people, when you hit reply all, think about what you're sending and who you're sending it too. Without going into gory detail or "dooceing" myself , my ER person tells me I'm in "the catbird seat". Karma, indeed, can be a bitch. At least I'll be left alone until Sybil departs....fittingly...on HALLOWEEN. I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP.


3) Little Bit's playing baseball and really, overall, doing well. It's a laid back program stressing skill building, not competition. However, because his Mom can't read a simple schedule, we missed his game tonight. Argh.


Boys will be boys - please note Little Bit manhandling the kid (last on the right) next to him for this picture. I love the pic for the looks on their faces.



He got to pitch - he really didn't do bad, considering he's never done it before!



4) Dad is having his surgery Wednesday and feeling pretty uppity and ready. Thank God. Please shout out your prayers and well wishes. He would like to feel ready to go fishing with Little Bit during track break in a few weeks. Saw Grandma Sunday - she's looking pretty good too all things considered and I'm hoping after Dad's surgery our family medical drama is done for eons! I'll keep you posted on how he's doing.


5) "Gertrude" had her baby today! Madison was a little over 6 lbs and is apparently pretty and healthy - haven't seen any pics yet. Welcome to the world, Madison! This is going to sound weird, but I hope you look like your grandpa, who is long since gone from this world. He was a very handsome man, and none of his kids or grandkids have really looked like him or had that really quirky, quick and smart sense of humor to the nth degree. That Porteguese look and temper has got to show itself somewhere - I miss him to this day.



Keep those fingers, toes and eyes crossed for the job - I ALMOST smell Idaho, and if not that, at least a boss is on the horizon I will really enjoy working for and with.



Lastly this cat is cute...yet really evil.

4 comments:

t2ed said...

I'm so glad football is back.

How'd the interview go?

Anonymous said...

Go Bears!

And yes, Bucky does look cute, but evil in that pic.

-Steve

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the job front! I've got my fingers and toes crossed.

Scouts. Good times. I was pretty involved and officially Mormon at the time. I started on my Eagle scout about the time I realized that everyone in the Scouts was Mormon, I was NOT a believer, and I didn't want to put myself in any compromising situations: I was secretly horrified at the thought of camping with the guys. Horrified with myself, really, because I was self-aware enough to know that I would be playing with fire... and not necessarily rubbing sticks together either. Yeah, okay, so... that totally went places I didn't mean to go.

Signing off, red-faced.

foundinidaho said...

T2ed -

Interview - good. Some follow up e-mails today, so encouraging. And for all that I could still end up being the bridesmaid, not the bride.

Steve/Anon -

Happy Birthday (I'm sorry, I lost my old address book with pertinent info in it like your b-day). What's up with da Bears? Mr. Peyton Manning = not happy. Let's hoping you now begin to self-destruct. :)

Sid -

Thanks for the good wishes. The good news is that my current slaveowner/boss' replacement was named today and it's a colleague with whom I work well and am very fond. So I think no matter what things will get better going forward. It will actually be hard to quit now if I get the offer - but you can be guaranteed I'm on I-15 to I-84 before you can say "boo" provided the offer's anywhere near adequate.

I won't let Little Bit go camping for Scouts because they lose Scouts in the Uintahs every summer...every single summer. With him being the only non LDS in his troop I look at his participation as a cultural exposure for the community! (We believe, but, as you can tell, much more liberally than our neighbors).

As for the rest of your tale...hee hee!!!!